Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment is a treatment sequence for the infected pulp of a tooth which is intended to result in the elimination of infection and the protection of the decontaminated tooth from future microbial invasion.
When you undergo a root canal or other endodontic treatment, the inflamed or infected pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is carefully cleaned and disinfected, then filled and sealed with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha.
How to know if you need a root canal ?
Endodontic treatment is necessary when the pulp , the soft tissue inside the root canal, becomes inflamed or infected .
The inflammation or infection can have a variety of causes. They are:
- Repeated dental procedures on the tooth.
- Deep Decay
- A crack or chip in the tooth.
Root canal treatment is virtually painless and often leaves you with less discomfort during recovery than if you have your natural tooth extracted. Thanks to modern techniques and effective anesthesia, patients who experience root canals are six times more likely to describe it as painless than patients who have a tooth extracted!
Some of the benefits of Root Canal Treatment
Hear from our clients
We are very proud of the service we provide and stand by every product we carry. Read our testimonials from our happy customers.
At Radix Cosmo-Dental, it is always very satisfying to help children enjoy their dental visits. In usual cases, it does not happen like that always. But fortunately, children visiting our clinic really look forward to paying a visit here. The things that make their dental visit happy are the exciting Kid-Pedo Dental Chair, their favorite cartoon during the treatment, and return gifts after the visit!
Dr. Shruti believes that a patient is at the most vulnerable stage of pain when they visit for surgery or treatment! Toothache is known as the worst pain for human beings. As dental health experts, it is her responsibility to only focus on the rapid healing and satisfaction of the patient! There's no bigger happiness than watching your patient smile admire their own smile, wide, confident, and painless smiles is what she works for!
How should you prepare yourself for a Root Canal Treatment?
What is the procedure for Root Canal Treatment?
- Making an examination of the tooth so that our dentists understands the nature of the problem and is able to treat it effectively.
- A local anesthetic is administered to numb the tooth and increase the comfort of the patient during the procedure.
- A “dental dam” – a small protective sheet – is then put in place over the affected area to isolate the tooth.
- The dentist is then able to drill into the crown of the tooth to open it.
- The remaining space is then cleaned completely and shaped to make space for a filling, which will replace the pulp in the tooth.
- The root canal can then be filled with a suitable biocompatible material, such as gutta-percha or adhesive dental cement to ensure that the root canal is properly sealed and to prevent future infections in the area.
- A temporary crown is placed in the over the restored tooth to protect it from infections and pain. After the crown is settled and the tooth has recovered another visit is required for further recovery.
A successful root canal can cause mild pain for a few days. This is temporary, and should go away on its own as long as you practice good oral hygiene. You should visit our clinic for a follow-up if the pain lasts longer than three days.
How much time does it take to recover from a root canal treatment?
How to recover fast after the treatment?
- Give yourself a rest of at least 24 hours. Resting your teeth will help you heal fast.
- Brush and floss your teeth gently. It will help you keep proper oral hygiene and avoid any infections.
- Please avoid chewing with that tooth. If you use the treated tooth, your risks of contaminating or infecting the tooth again are severely high.
- Take the proper medications as prescribed by our dentists.