A dental implant is a surgical fixture placed into the jaw bone or skull to act as a replacement for the root of a missing tooth. It provides a strong foundation to support dental prosthesis such as a crown (artificial teeth), bridge, denture and facial prosthesis. A connector commonly called abutment is placed on top of the dental implant to hold and support your crowns.
What are the types of Dental Implants
Advantages of Dental Implant
- Improved appearance.
- Improved speech without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. By preventing discomfort caused by removable dentures.
- Easier eating with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem by making you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health as nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, thereby other teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral hygiene.
- Durability which can last a lifetime with good care.
- Convenience by eliminating the discomfort of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Hear From Our Clients
At Radix Cosmo-Dental, it is always very satisfying to help children enjoy their dental visits. In usual cases, it does not happen like that always. But fortunately, children visiting our clinic really look forward to paying a visit here. The things that make their dental visit happy are the exciting Kid-Pedo Dental Chair, their favorite cartoon during the treatment, and return gifts after the visit!
Dr. Shruti believes that a patient is at the most vulnerable stage of pain when they visit for surgery or treatment! Toothache is known as the worst pain for human beings. As dental health experts, it is her responsibility to only focus on the rapid healing and satisfaction of the patient! There's no bigger happiness than watching your patient smile admire their own smile, wide, confident, and painless smiles is what she works for!
How long Dental Implants last?
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed and how successful it fuses with bone. Generally, with advancement in implant designs , bone grafting procedures and analysis of extensive outcome data, success rates of implants nowadays are upto 95-98%. Further, with proper care they can also lasts a lifetime When performed by a trained and experienced dental implant dentist, dental implant surgery is one of the safest and most predictable procedures in dentistry.
Anyone who is healthy enough to undergo oral surgery, have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant can go for it. They should also follow good oral hygiene. However, those with chronic disorders like heart disease or diabetes or who had radiation therapy needs to be evaluated before considering implants. Moreover, anyone considering implants should talk to his/her dentist to see if the implants are right for you.