What is Dental filling?
Dental filling is the process of restoration of your teeth when they are damaged by cavities or decay. The dentist intends to bring your decayed teeth back to its normal function and shape.
The approach to dental filling involves:
• A local anaesthesia is given to numb the area.
• Removal of decayed tooth material.
• Cleansing of the affected area.
• Filling the clean cavity with the filling material.
• The tooth is polished to make it smooth and effective
What are the types of Dental Filling Materials?
• Gold Filling
These are made to order in laboratories. The gold fillings last longer than 20 years and are tolerated better by the gums. The only catch here is that it is much expensive compared to other types of fillings and requires multiple visits at the clinic.
• Silver/Amalgam Fillings
These are one of the most pocket friendly fillings and are resistant to wear. Silver fillings are dark in color which makes them only suitable for hidden areas of the teeth and not on the front tooth.
• Composite resin Fillings
These fillings are customised to match the color of your tooth. They can be used where natural appearance is required. The ingredients of this filling are directly placed into the cavity where they harden. They are not much durable as they have the risk of being chipped and stained easily. Thus, these fillings are not used for large cavities.
• Porcelain Fillings
They are made on order in laboratories. These are durable, match the natural shade of the teeth and are stain resistant. They are a bit more expensive than composite and amalgam fillings.
Our dental experts at Radix Cosmo-Dental, choose the right type of filling for you looking at some parameters. They are:
1. How much repair is needed?
2. Where in the mouth the filling needs to be done?
3. The cost that customers can afford.
Post Filling Dental Care
• Avoid any sticky, hard and chewy foods after the filling.
• Avoid hot or cold food or drink if you feel sensitivity in teeth.
• Be gentle to your teeth for at least 2 weeks.
• Avoid biting too hard as it may cause extreme pain.
How can Dental filling be helpful for you?
• Tooth filling improves the functionality of teeth.
• Fillings can prevent infections and aids in getting rid of cavities.
• Latest trends of dental fillings can give natural looking teeth.
• They last upto `15 years and can keep the teeth strong